*Note* This walk has not been reviewed since Spring 2021. Therefore there may be changes to footpaths or access since it was written. We recommend referring to the Thornbury OS map or OS app for the most up to date information.
Time: 45 mins to 1 hour
Starts: Streamleaze Park Bus Stop (directions)
Another fully accessible and pushchair friendly walk involving no mud and only one road crossing.
This loop takes in some more of Thornbury’s wonderful parks and streams and is great for a lunchtime or evening stroll. For two shorter routes you can just walk round Streamleaze park (1 to 4 then 10 to 12 – 1.2km) or you can start at the top of Malvern Drive and just do the the stream walk (6 to 8 – 1.6km).
Let’s get walking…
- The walk starts at the Streamleaze Park Bus Stop on the park side.
- Head in the direction of the traffic, towards the red post box.
- When you get to the postbox turn left up the path past Ladden Court. Follow this path round the park as it slow curves to the left and continue straight past Wye Court. Continue straight along this path ignoring the left and right turns as the park narrows.
- Just as the park widens up again continue to the follow the path as it bears to the left and around the corner continuing straight to reach Grovesend Road.
- Turn right and walk a short distance along Grovesend Road to the dropped curb crossing point. Cross the road and walk into Malvern Drive opposite.
- As Malvern Drive curves round to the left take the path straight ahead. The path will fork at a small triangular island. Take the right hand fork.
- Take the first left which will take you between the stream and the houses on Chiltern Park. Follow the path straight ahead along the stream, past the many bridges, big and small, all the way to Crossways Road.
- When you reach Crossways Road turn left and then take the left fork down towards the subway exit. Take a left (not going into the subway) and follow the path back up into the park. Continue all the way along this path, keeping the stream on your left, all the way back up to Malvern Drive.
- Walk straight ahead and cross over Govesend Road in the same place you crossed earlier. Turn right following the path and take the first left, after the wall.
- Continue along until the wall on the right ends at which point turn right next to this wall and then follow this path along the edge of the park.
- The path turns a sharp right at a small green electrical box. Then continue down towards the subway.
- Before you reach the subway turn left and back up to the road and continue along and then you are back where you started!