Time: 20-30 mins
Starts: Top of Primrose Drive (by post box) (directions)
Finally, after years of walking past ‘the underpass the nowhere’ on Morton Way, it is finally in use. As part of the new build development at Thornbury Fields, a wonderful new park has been opened up which is just perfect for a short stroll in the countryside.
There is a series of play/exercise equipment along the paths and some seriously cute animal sculptures that cheer me up every time I see them. It’s great fun with children to try and spot them all.
This walk is entirely paved so mud is optional!
Let’s get walking…
- Start at the postbox at the top of Primrose Drive. Follow the path along Morton Way away from the Primrose Drive area, downhill towards the underpass.
- Go through the underpass and follow the path until you reach the second fork the path (alongside the fenced area at the top of the park). It doesn’t matter which path you take, in the video I took the lower path but I tend to just choose the least busy option.
- At the end of the path turn right and head down hill, crossing the wooden footbridge. Continue following the path round over a second bridge, past the pond and and over the third bridge.
- Continue following the path and you’ll end up back on the path we started. Turn left and continue back towards the underpass.
- Once through the underpass, turn left and go back up the hill to finish at the post box.